Porcelain Veneers For A Straight, Uniform Smile
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile due to unsightly or conspicuous cracks, chips, discoloration, or gaps between teeth, you can take action to correct these minor flaws. At the Harrisburg office of Silvers Family Dental Care, we offer porcelain veneers to help our patients revitalize their smiles. These cosmetic dental prosthetics – wafer-thin, tooth-shaped shells made from porcelain – can be used to create beautiful, straight, vibrant smiles, and the placement procedure is minimally invasive so there is little to no risk associated with the treatment. For many individuals, veneers are all that is required to help them realize their cosmetic goals – if your teeth and gum tissue are healthy but there are small imperfections that you would like addressed, the odds are good that porcelain veneers can solve your problems.
For more information on porcelain veneers, please don’t hesitate to contact our Harrisburg dental office today. We would be happy to arrange a consultation with Dr. Silvers for you so that you can discuss your goals in person, have your questions answered, and make an informed decision regarding your oral health. Veneers can transform the appearance of your smile, and can have a profound, lasting impact on your self-esteem, confidence, and quality of life.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
In many cases, an otherwise healthy smile can be marred by what are purely cosmetic imperfections. In such cases, the ideal solution is one that corrects these aesthetic flaws while having little to no impact on the health of the teeth and gum tissue. Porcelain veneers provide such a solution; the treated teeth are slightly modified to receive the dental prosthetics, but the overall structure and foundation of the teeth are left unchanged. These qualities make porcelain veneers a practical solution, as well as an attractive alternative to treatments such as orthodontics or dental crowns. Among the flaws that can be corrected by porcelain veneers include:
- Gaps in-between teeth
- Malformed or misshapen teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Slightly damaged teeth
- Minor malocclusion
The benefits of correcting such flaws are tremendous. Perhaps most simply, porcelain veneers can be used to create a beautiful, healthy, natural-looking smile. But it goes much deeper than that: improved self-esteem, improved confidence, and a greater sense of self are all byproducts of a beautiful smile. Individuals who visit our Harrisburg dental office for porcelain veneers routinely find that they are more social, more inclined to smile, and generally in better spirits, and their smiles leave memorable impressions on others. If you want to make a positive, long lasting improvement in your life, veneers are for you.
Placing Porcelain Veneers – The Procedure
The placement of porcelain veneers is generally accomplished in four simple steps, typically over two separate dental appointments. The process entails the following:
- Taking an Impression– To begin the placement process, the teeth being treated will first be modified to accommodate the porcelain veneers. A thin layer of enamel, roughly the thickness of an egg shell, is removed from the front surfaces of the teeth that are being treated. This provides the necessary space for the veneer and creates a suitable bonding surface. Once this process is complete, an impression is taken of the teeth. From this impression, your porcelain veneers will be designed and fabricated.
- Placing Temporary Restorations– Once the impression has been taken, temporary veneers will be bonded to the teeth to act as placeholders. These temporary veneers will help protect the teeth and maintain the appearance of your smile while your permanent veneers are being fabricated.
- Designing and Fabricating the Veneers– Your permanent dental veneers will be fabricated in a dental laboratory by experienced and professional ceramists. This process can take several weeks, but the results are nothing less than superb. Porcelain is slightly translucent, like tooth enamel, and your veneers will look completely natural.
- Placing the Permanent Veneers– Once the permanent restorations are complete, you will return to our Harrisburg dental office to have your porcelain veneers placed. The temporary restorations will be removed and your permanent replacements set. Once the fit has been perfected and finalized, the veneers will be secured to the teeth with a dental bonding agent. This resin is then hardened with a special dental lamp, allowing for a quick set.
Quick and easy, the process for placing porcelain veneers requires minimal effort and sacrifice on the part of the patient. If need be, we can even offer sedation dentistry to help alleviate any anxiety the patient may be experiencing. If you are unhappy with your smile and looking to make a positive change in your life, there’s little standing in your way!
Contact Silvers Family Dental Care
Anyone looking to correct a minor cosmetic flaw in his or her smile is a candidate for porcelain veneers. We encourage you to contact our Harrisburg dental office today if you are interested in arranging a consultation with Dr. Silvers.
One of the best dentist offices I've ever been a patient of. They are super friendly and very professional. The dental office is clean and nicely kept. They are genuinely concerned that you are not under pain or any kind of stress. Go visit now! You won't regret it!Daniel G. - Current Patient