Am I a Candidate for Teeth Straightening Treatment?
By Dr. Silvers on November 28, 2015
Crooked, misaligned teeth are often a source of self-consciousness, causing many patients to hide their smiles. These patients may be good candidates for teeth straightening treatments. Harrisburg, PA dentist Warren D. Silvers, III offers many treatment options to straighten the teeth. Patients looking for discreet teeth straightening treatment may want to consider Invisalign® or instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers. Others may undergo more traditional orthodontic methods, such as braces, with an orthodontist. For more information about teeth straightening treatments, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Silvers.
Popular Teeth Straightening Treatment Options
There are many teeth straightening treatment options available to meet each patient's needs. Some teeth straightening treatments are best suited to those with mild alignment issues while patients with severe alignment issues may require traditional orthodontics. A thorough dental examination is required to determine which treatment is most suitable to each candidates needs. Some popular teeth straightening treatments include:
- Invisalign®: Invisalign® offers the benefits of traditional orthodontics without the need for noticeable metal braces. Invisalign® treatment uses a series of clear, custom-made trays that gently shift the teeth to the desired alignment, which can take 12 to 48 months. The alignment trays must be worn throughout the day and while sleeping. However, they can be removed while eating and for brushing and flossing the teeth.
- Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers may be used as instant orthodontics to dramatically improve the appearance of mildly crooked teeth in as little as two dental visits. When used as instant orthodontics, each tooth shaped veneer is custom-made to correct not only alignment issues but also the overall appearance of the teeth, creating a gorgeous smile.
- Traditional orthodontics: Those with severe alignment issues generally require traditional orthodontics to achieve their desired results. Traditional orthodontics use a bracket and wire system to slowly adjust the alignment of the teeth. This process can take 18 to 48 months, depending on the amount of realignment needed.
The Benefits of Teeth Straightening Treatments
There are many benefits of teeth straightening treatment. Whether your teeth are mildly crooked or you suffer from major alignment issues, teeth straightening treatments can help improve your confidence and oral health. Some of the many benefits of teeth straightening treatment include:
- Increased confidence: Teeth straightening treatment can help improve your confidence by correcting the appearance of crooked teeth.
- Improved aesthetics: Teeth straightening treatments improve the overall appearance of the smile.
- Improved dental function: Major misalignment can impact dental function, making chewing and biting painful or difficult. Teeth straightening treatment corrects alignment issues, improving dental function as a result.
- Improved oral health: Correcting crooked teeth can actually help improve oral health. This is because crooked teeth often overlap, making effective brushing and flossing difficult. Straightening the teeth eliminates dental overlap, allowing ease of properly brushing and flossing.
Schedule a Consultation
Enjoy the confidence of beautiful smile. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Silvers today to find out which treatment is right for you.
Related to This
One of the best dentist offices I've ever been a patient of. They are super friendly and very professional. The dental office is clean and nicely kept. They are genuinely concerned that you are not under pain or any kind of stress. Go visit now! You won't regret it!Daniel G. - Current Patient