Popular Full Mouth Reconstruction Treatments
Today, there are many dental procedures that can restore both the look and function of damaged teeth. For those who are unhappy with their smiles, a full mouth reconstruction may be just the answer. Full mouth reconstructions include any combination of restorative or cosmetic dentistry treatments to return the teeth to their former health and beauty. The following is an overview of some of the most popular full mouth reconstruction treatments.
The procedures used in each full mouth reconstruction are dependent on the needs of the individual. Full mouth reconstruction treatments may include purely cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening, to restorative treatments like dental implants. Some of the most popular full mouth reconstruction treatments include:
- Dental Crowns: For teeth suffering from extensive damage, porcelain dental crowns are often a viable restoration option. Cracked, broken teeth or teeth weakened by large fillings generally benefit from dental crowns. Not only do crowns protect the teeth from further damage, they help restore the teeth to their prior beauty.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Tooth-colored fillings are a wonderful option to restore the appearance of teeth, especially when they are used to replace old metal fillings. Tooth-colored fillings are offered in composite resin or ceramic. Both materials can be custom shaded to blend seamlessly with the surrounding teeth.
- Dental Implants: Missing teeth can be permanently replaced with dental implants. Dental implants are screw-like titanium posts, which are placed within the sockets of missing teeth. Different dental restorations can be attached to replace one or more teeth.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: For those who need dentures or already wear dentures, implant-supported dentures are a great option. Implant-supported dentures use dental implants to securely hold dentures in place all day without the need for messy adhesives.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is often paired with other treatments, making it one of the most popular full mouth reconstruction treatments. Teeth whitening quickly and effectively whitens the teeth to reveal a brighter, more youthful smile.
- Gum Contouring: Gummy smiles can be corrected with gum contouring. Gum contouring is a procedure in which excess gum tissue is removed, usually with a dental laser.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers improve the overall appearance of the front facing teeth using a thin, tooth-shaped shell to cover flaws and imperfections. Porcelain veneers are useful for improving the appearance of teeth with mild fractures or chips, discoloration, or even closing gaps between teeth. Porcelain veneers can also be used as instant orthodontics to create even, straight smiles.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding can be used to improve the size, shape, and color of the teeth. Dental bonding treatment can be completed in a single dental visit and provides immediate results.
Find Out if You're a Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction
Because full mouth reconstructions include a wide variety of treatments, many people make good candidates. In general, candidates for full mouth reconstruction suffer from such problems as discolored teeth, broken teeth, oral pain, or are overall dissatisfied with the look and function of their teeth. To see which treatments are right for you, schedule a consultation with Silvers Family Dental Care.